Christmas is right around the corner and it is coming fast. You may be thinking already about Christmas presents, putting up lights, or decorating your house.
In our house, we have a lot of Christmas traditions. We start by getting our Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. As we decorate our tree, we always watch National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation and drink hot chocolate. During December, we drive around and look at Christmas lights, do Christmas crafts, read the Christmas story from the Bible, and go to church Christmas Eve.
How about you? Do you have Christmas traditions in your family?
Let’s look at some different Christmas ideas you may want to incorporate into a tradition!
Top 10 Christmas Movies
1) National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
2) A Christmas Story
3) A Charlie Brown Christmas
4) Miracle On 34th Street (I like the Black and White version the best)
5) Home Alone
6) The Holiday (more for parents)
7) The Christmas Card (more for parents)
8) Frosty the Snowman
9) Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
10) Die Hard (more for dads)
Top 5 Christmas Crafts
1) Printable Christmas Monogram Coloring Sheets (to get a free download – Use Code CHRISTMAS)
2) Painting Christmas Ornaments (Hobby Lobby or any craft store will sell them)
5) Hot Chocolate Christmas Ornaments
1) Book of Matthew 1-2
2) Book of Luke 1-2
3) The Star (movie)
Top 10 Christmas Songs
1) Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
2) Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
3) Winter Wonderland
4) Joy To The World
5) Silent Night
6) O Holy Night
7) O Little Town of Bethlehem
8) Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
9) Joy To The World
10) The First Noel
Christmas is packed with a lot of ideas for family traditions. From hot chocolate to crafts to movies, I hope you can find some ideas to help you celebrate Christmas.
As you go into this holiday season, remember the true meaning of Christmas too. As Christians, we have a more extraordinary holiday to celebrate. We celebrate the birth of Jesus! We celebrate God’s gift to us. Jesus was born in a manger to a virgin. His birth represents a new life for us. Jesus teaches us how to be a better Christian because he led by example. His birth is truly a blessing. God should be at the fore front of Christmas thoughts.
I wish your family a very Merry Christmas. I pray God brings happiness to your family.
Use The Code christmas and get this free! My gift to you. Merry Christmas!!
Hi my name is Laurie. I am so glad you are here! I am a Christian homeschooling mom of 3, caregiver to my Veteran husband, mom to a son with Autism, community volunteer, travel loving, and blogger. As you might notice, I do not live the “expected life”. Come join my family and other families as we experience Living The Unexpected Life.