How To Keep your Student Organized In School
organize Your Child’s Binder
Do you know how to keep your student organized in school? Here you will find step by step instructions showing you how to set up our children’s binder. Using this approach will teach your children strategies to learn the organization. They will know where all their assignments are and where to put them back. It makes it a very simple way to stay organized.
What You Need
- 3” or 4” binder (choose your child’s favorite color)
- Standard 8 subject multi-color dividers (single or double pockets)
- As your curriculum comes or in all at once, tear out all your workbook pages and hole punch them. Add them to the appropriate subject.
- Take your camera and find a fun place to go take some pictures. I went to a local lake and took ours. The kids like to get dressed up and take school pictures, but as a homeschooler, they miss out on that.
- Find a border online you like and save it. I imported my child’s picture into the border with just Word. It is super easy. When you are done making it, print and add to the front see-through pocket of your binder. I like to add their name and grade level. If I ever need to go back to the previous year and look for something it is easy to find.
Why Shop Back To School
I absolutely love back to school shopping. It is one of my favorite times of the year. I don’t know why exactly, but it is exciting to me. I love to try and get the best deal possible on all my school supplies. When you don’t send your child to a public or private school, you miss out on the excitement of the first day of school. Your child doesn’t
However, I have managed to find my joy in the little things. I put all my love into my binders and pencil boxes. I color code everything or it will end in a fight over whose glue or scissors they are. Also, I buy matching pencil boxes to match the binder color. In my pencil box put:
- Crayola twisty crayon pencils
- Sharpened pencils
- Glue stick
- Scissors (matching the color if I can find them)
- Ruler (matching the color if I can find them)- I do have them keep their rulers in their desks.
I like to keep my kid’s school stuff a secret. They love the anticipation of school starting and seeing all the fun stuff they got. They love exploring their new binders and pencils boxes.
Try to make your kid’s school stuff fun and exciting for your kids. I hope this step by step will help you organize your student’s curriculum.
Organizing your child’s school binder and supplies is so important. Not only is it easier for your child to stay organized, but it also creates an organized pathway in the brain. This pathway, if reinforced, can be a game changer in their lives. Sometimes as kids, our brains get so cluttered with information, instruction, and recall that it is hard to keep our pathways organized. BUT with these series of steps, you will set your child up for success in life.
Need More Homeschooling Advice
- Best Homeschooling Advice
- Homeschooling In All 50 States
- Managing Your Time As A Homeschool Mom
- 5 Homeschooling Gems You May Not Know About
Hi my name is Laurie. I am so glad you are here! I am a Christian homeschooling mom of 3, caregiver to my Veteran husband, mom to a son with Autism, community volunteer, travel loving, and blogger. As you might notice, I do not live the “expected life”. Come join my family and other families as we experience Living The Unexpected Life.